Фрагмент из книги:
Helen Keller was born in 1880 in Alabama, with the ability to both see and hear, like any normal child. She began to speak when she was six months old and to walk at the age of one. But six months later, she contracted a serious illness, possibly meningitis. After she had recovered, her mother noticed that Helen didn't react to sounds, or when she waved her hand in front of Helen's face. The illness had left her both deaf and blind.
British public schools.
In the UK, 93% of children go to state schools, which are funded by the government. The remaining 7% go to private schools, which the government does not fund or control. The students pay fees to attend these schools. A small group of very old private schools are, confusingly, known as ‘public schools’.
These include Eton College, which has educated nineteen British Prime Ministers over the past three centuries - as well as many other famous people from around the world, including Prince William and Prince Harry, actor Hugh Laurie and the former king of Nepal.
To many people, these public schools seem very odd and old-fashioned, with their strange uniforms and confusing traditions. For example, all of the public schools divide the academic year into three terms. At Eton College, these are called ‘halves', but at Charterhouse they’re called ‘quarters’ (and the shortest of the three is known as the ‘long quarter’).
Although private schools seem irrelevant to most British people, the influence they have on society is very real. That is because a very large number of people m important positions attended these schools, including 71% of senior judges and 62% of senior officers in the armed forces. Some people even argue that the UK parliament does not represent the country because 32% of MPs are privately educated.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Solutions Intermediate, Student s Book, Falla T., Davies P.A., 2017 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Falla :: Davies
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Solutions Upper-Intermediate, Workbook answer keys and transcripts, 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: Kevin is very quick to think negative things about people. Even when he talks about his best … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Upper-Intermediate, Student s Book, Falla T., Davies P.A., 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: New friends, new experiences and the chance to learn a new language - that s what one … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Intermediate, Workbook answer keys and transcripts, 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: To be honest, I think you did really well. We could all see that dad was about … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Intermediate, Workbook, Falla T., Davies P.A., 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: The Kardashians are currently one of the USA s most well-known families. They are often in the … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Pre-Intermediate, Workbook answer keys and transcripts, 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: The other team weren’t very good and we quickly scored three goals. But then we relaxed, I … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Pre-Intermediate, Workbook, Falla T., Davies P.A., 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: Christine reacted to the spider in this way because she has a phobia - a strong fear … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Pre-Intermediate, Student s Book, Falla T., Davies P.A., 2017 — Фрагмент из книги: The Writing Hall was invented in 1865 by Rasmus Mailing-Hansen from Denmark. It was a machine for … Книги по английскому языку
- Grammar and Vocabulary for First and First for Schools, Recording Scripts, 2015 — Фрагмент из книги: I found my course really difficult at first, because we start every day with three different lectures. … Книги по английскому языку