The Easier English Basic Dictionary is designed especially for elementary and pre-intermediate students of English. With over 11,000 terms, it includes the basic vocabulary needed to understand and study written and spoken English at this level, and is particularly useful for students taking the Preliminary English Test (PET) or the Key English Test (KET) exams. With definitions written in simple English, clear notes on grammar, irregular verbs and easily confused words, as well as pronunciations for all entries, this is an invaluable aid to students of English.
This dictionary contains the most frequently used words in English and provides the basic vocabulary needed for everyday communication by anyone stalling to leam the language. It is especially useful for elementary and pre-intermediate students of all ages and would be suitable for those working towards an elementary level English examination such as KET or PET.
Each word is individually defined, and no words, not even adverbs, are given without a definition. Examples are included for many words to provide patterns for the user's own production of English sentences.
Each word, including compound Avoids and phrasal verbs, has its own easy-to-find main entry in bold type. Each word has a pronunciation in the International Phonetic Alphabet. Common phrases and idioms associated with the main term are shown in bold type and separately defined within the entry.
The meanings of the main common senses of each word are given clearly and simply, using a limited and easily understood vocabulary. Meanings are grouped together by then pait of speech.
Extra help is offered in Notes at the end of some entries. These include warnings about words which can confused with each other, unusual inflected forms and regularly collocating prepositions. The major differences in US and British spelling are noted.
A useful companion to this dictionary is Easier English Basic Synonyms which compares and contrasts words with similar meanings, showing the similarities and differences in usage.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате и читать:
Скачать книгу Easier English Basic Dictionary - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Скачать книгу Easier English Basic Dictionary - depositfiles
Скачать книгу Easier English Basic Dictionary - letitbit
Теги: скачать учебник по английскому языку бесплатно :: английский язык :: basic dictionary
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- McGraw-Hills. Super-Mini American Idioms Dictionary. Richard Spears. 2007 — McGraw-Hill s. Super-Mini American Idioms Dictionary. Richard Spears. 2007 Every language has phrases that cannot be understood literally. Even if … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Icelandic English dictionary - Cleasby R., Vigfusson G. — Icelandic English dictionary. Cleasby R., Vigfusson G. THIS work is a Dictionary of the Old Icelandic Language, or (as it … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Dictionary of Race, Ethnicity and Culture - Bolaffi G., Bracalenti R., Braham P., Gindro S. — Dictionary of Race, Ethnicity and Culture. Bolaffi G., Bracalenti R., Braham P., Gindro S. 2003. Race and ethnicity have long … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Dictionary of Contemporary Slang - Thorne T. — Dictionary of Contemporary Slang. Thorne T. 2005. Review: This book is absolutely the best about slang that I have ever … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Easier English Intermediate Dictionary — 2004. With over 28,000 entries, the Easier English Intermediate Dictionary is designed especially for intermediate or lower-intermediate students of English … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Easier English Student Dictionary — 2003. The fully revised and updated edition of this bestselling general English dictionary is especially useful for those working towards … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- Express Picture Dictionary - Gray E. — Express Picture Dictionary. Gray E. 2001. Этот красочно оформленный словарь включает более 1,500 слов необходимых для самых маленьких учеников. Словарь … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies
- NTC s american idioms dictionary - Richard Spears — NTC s american idioms dictionary. Richard Spears. 2000. All languages have phrases or sentences that cannot be understood literally. Even … English Dictionaries, Vocabularies