Wider World 4, Student's book, Gaynor S., Alevizos K., Barraclough C., 2016.
Фрагмент из книги:
Canada's second biggest city, Montreal, is here. Most people n Quebec speak French and about forty percent want Quebec to be an ndependent country. Most of Canada's famous maple syrup comes from this region. Canadians love eating it with pancakes and even have the leaf of the maple tree on their flag.
How languages evolve.
All languages are in flux. In other words, they are constantly changing. This is especially true of English, which is a real global language. There are now nearly three times more non-native speakers of English than native speakers. 950 million people speak it as a foreign language, while only 340 million speak it as a mother tongue. So why is English changing and is this a good thing?
One reason is globalisation. These days business meetings can be held with people from all over the world - like Brazil, Nigeria and Japan. The only language spoken will be English. This has led to the creation of a new language variety, called International English. It's a kind of simplified English which can be understood by everyone. Some linguists don't like this because for them it is a corruption of the language. But it could be the future of communication in today’s globalised world.
In some countries, English has a different role. In Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines, English is spoken as a second language. Around 600 million people speak English in this way, meaning that they are bilingual. In the Philippines, Tagalog - the country's main language - and English merge to create a variety called Taglish. It can be difficult to understand if you're not a local.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Gaynor :: Alevizos :: Barraclough
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
- New ENGLISH FILE, pre-intermediate Teacher s Book, Oxenden C., Latham-Koenig C., Seligson P., Clandfield L. — What do Pre-intermediate students need? Pre-intermediate students are at a crucial stage in their learning. The novelty of being a … Книги по английскому языку
- New ENGLISH FILE, intermediate Teacher s Book, Oxenden C., Latham-Koenig C., Brennan B., 1997 — What do Intermediate students need? The intermediate level is often a milestone for students: at this point, many students really … Книги по английскому языку
- Ироничный английский, Шатилов К., 2019 — Зачем вам английский язык. Помните, как вы вошли в соседнюю аптеку, а там несчастный американский (английский, немецкий, шведский, французский, китайский) … Книги по английскому языку
- Wider World 4, Workbook, Williams D., 2016 — Фрагмент из книги: Come and visit Table Tech for a futuristic dining experience. Our interactive light projection system allows you … Книги по английскому языку
- Wider World 3, Teacher s Resources, Fricker R., 2017 — Wider World is the portal to a fascinating world of English language knowledge and skills for the 21st century learner. … Книги по английскому языку
- Wider World 3, Teacher s Book, Fricker R., 2016 — Wider World is the portal to a wider world of English language knowledge and resources specially designed for teenage learners. … Книги по английскому языку
- Wider World 3, Workbook, Dignen S., 2016 — Wider World is the portal to a fascinating world of English language knowledge and skills for the 21st century learner. … Книги по английскому языку
- Wider World 2, Teacher s Resources, Fricker R., 2016 — Фрагмент из книги: There are three performers: Performer 1 is a singer; Performer 2 is a dancer; Performer 3 tells … Книги по английскому языку