The book can be used by students working alone (see To the student) or as supplementary course material.
In either case the book can serve as an elementary grammar book.
When used as course material, the book can be used for immediate consolidation or for later revision or remedial work. It might be used by the whole class or by individual students needing extra help and practice.
In some cases it may be desirable to use the left-hand pages (presentation and explanation) in class, but it should be noted that these have been written for individual study and reference. In most cases, it would probably be better for teachers to present the grammar point in their preferred way with the exercises being done for homework. The left-hand page is then available for later reference by the student.
Right or wrong? Correct the sentences that are wrong.
1 Did you watch all evening TV?
2 Sue bought some new shoes yesterday.
3 I like very much this picture.
4 Tom started last week his new job.
5 I want to speak English fluently.
6 Jessica bought for her friend a present.
7 I drink every day three cups of coffee.
8 Don't eat your dinner too quickly!
9 I borrowed from my brother fifty pounds.
Put the words in order.
1 (the door / opened /1 / slowly)
2 (a new phone /1 / last week / got)
3 (finished / Paul / quickly / his work)
4 (Emily / very well / French / doesn't speak)
5 (a lot of shopping / did /1 / yesterday)
6 (London / do you know / well?)
7 (we / enjoyed / very much / the party)
8 (the problem / carefully /1 / explained)
9 (we / at the airport / some friends / met) 10 (did you buy / in England / that jacket?)
11 (every day / do / the same thing / we)
12 (football / don't like / very much /1).
To the student.
To the teacher.
2 am/is/are (questions).
3 I am doing (present continuous).
4 are you doing? (present continuous questions).
5 I do/work/like etc. (present simple).
6 I don't.. . (present simple negative).
7 Do yo u . . .? (present simple questions).
8 I am doing (present continuous) and I do (present simple).
9 I have ... and I've g o t ...
11 worked/got/went etc (past simple).
12 I didn't... Did yo u . . .? (past simple negative and questions).
13 I was doing (past continuous).
14 I was doing (past continuous) and I did (past simple).
15 I have done (present perfect 1).
16 I've ju s t ... I've already... I haven't... yet (present perfect 2).
17 Have you ever. . . ? (present perfect 3).
18 How long have you . .. ? (present perfect 4).
19 for since ago.
20 I have done (present perfect) and I did (past).
21 is done was done (passive 1).
22 is being done has been done (passive 2).
23 be/have/do in present and past tenses.
24 Regular and irregular verbs.
25 What are you doing tomorrow?.
26 I'm going to ...
27 will/shall 1.
28 will/shall 2.
Modals, imperative etc.
30 can and could.
31 must mustn't don't need to.
33 I have to ...
34 Would you like ... ? I'd like ...
35 Do this! Don't do that! Let's do this!.
36 I used to ...
There and it.
37 there is there are.
38 there was/were there has/have been there will be.
39 It ...
40 I am, I don't etc.
41 Have you? Are you? Don't you? etc.
42 too/either so am I / neither do I etc.
43 isn't, haven't, don't etc (negatives).
44 is i t ... ? have you ... ? do they . .. ? etc (questions 1).
45 Who saw you? Who did you see? (questions 2).
46 Who is she talking to? What is it like? (questions 3).
47 What... ? Which ... ? How ... ? (questions 4).
48 How long does it take ... ?
49 Do you know where ... ? I don't know w h at ... etc.
50 She said th a t ... He told me th a t ...
-mg and to ...
51 work/working go/going do/doing.
52 to ... (I want to do) and -ing (I enjoy doing).
53 I want you to ... I told you to ...
54 I went to the shop to ...
Co, get, do, make and have.
55 go to ... go on ... go fo r ... go -ing.
57 do and make.
Pronouns and possessives.
59 I/me he/him they/them etc.
60 my/his/their etc.
61 Whose is this? It's mine/yours/hers etc.
63 myself/yourself/themselves etc.
64 -'s (Kate's camera / my brother's car etc.).
A and the.
65 a/an ...
66 train(s) bus(es) (singular and plural).
67 a bottle / some water (countable/uncountable 1).
68 a cake / some cake / some cakes (countable/uncountable 2).
69 a/an and the.
71 go to work go home go to the cinema.
72 I like music I hate exams.
73 the ... (names of places).
Determiners and pronouns.
76 some and any.
77 not + any no none.
78 not + anybody/anyone/anything nobody/no-one/nothing.
79 somebody/anything/nowhere etc.
80 every and all.
81 all most some any no/none.
82 both either neither.
83 a lot much many.
84 (a) little (a) few.
Adjectives and adverbs.
85 old/nice/interesting etc (adjectives).
86 quickly/badly/suddenly etc (adverbs).
87 old/older expensive / more expensive.
88 older than ... more expensive than ...
89 not as ... as.
90 the oldest the most expensive.
93 He speaks English very well, (word order 1).
94 always/usually/often etc (word order 2).
95 still yet already.
96 Give me that book! Give it to me!.
Conjunctions and clauses.
97 and but or so because.
98 When ...
99 If we go... If you se e ... etc.
100 If I had... If we went ... etc.
101 a person who ... a thing that/which ... (relative clauses 1).
102 the people we met the hotel you stayed at (relative clauses 2).
103 at 8 o'clock on Monday in April.
104 from... to until since for.
105 before after during while.
106 in at on (places 1).
107 in at on (places 2).
108 to in at (places 3).
109 under behind, opposite etc.
110 up, over, through etc.
111 on at by with about.
112 afraid o f ... , good a t ... etc of/at/for etc (prepositions) + -ing.
113 listen to ... , look a t ... etc (verb + preposition).
114 go in, fall off, run away etc (phrasal verbs 1).
115 put on your shoes put your shoes on (phrasal verbs 2).
Appendix 1 Active and passive.
Appendix 2 List of irregular verbs.
Appendix 3 Irregular verbs in groups.
Appendix 4 Short forms (he's / I'd / don't etc).
Appendix 5 Spelling.
Appendix 6 Phrasal verbs (take off / give up etc).
Appendix 7 Phrasal verbs + object (put out a fire / give up your job etc).
Key to Exercises.
Key to Additional exercises.
Key to Study guide.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Essential Grammar in Use, Fourth Edition, With answers, E-book, Murphy R., 2015 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Murphy
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- English Collocations In Use, Intermediate, McCarthy M., O Dell F., 2017 — The book has 60 two-page units. The left-hand page presents the collocations that are focused on in the unit. You … Книги по английскому языку
- English Phrasal Verbs In Use, Advanced, McCarthy M., O Dell F., 2007 — It was written to help you take your knowledge of phrasal verbs to a more advanced level. It is intended … Книги по английскому языку
- English Phrasal Verbs In Use, McCarthy M., O Dell F., 2004 — This book, like all our other books in the In Use series, is the result of the work of many … Книги по английскому языку
- Advanced Grammar in Use, Third Edition, Martin Hewings, 2013 — There are 100 units in the book, each looking at a particular area of grammar. Some sections within each unit … Книги по английскому языку
- Insight, Intermediate workbook, Hancock P. — Фрагмент из книги: It’s often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and our ideas of attractiveness … Книги по английскому языку
- Insight, Advanced student s book, Wildman J., Hudson J. — Фрагмент из книги: Paula Bernstein and Elyse Schein are identical twins who were separated at birth in 1968 and adopted … Книги по английскому языку
- Insight, Elementary student s book, Beddall Fiona — Фрагмент из книги: Hi. My name s Ryan. I m British and my home is in London. The people in … Книги по английскому языку
- Учебник военного перевода, Английский язык, Дормидонтов А.А., Нелюбин Л.Л., Васильченко А.А., 1972 — Настоящий Учебник военного перевода предназначен для обучения военных переводчиков. Он может служить также учебным пособием для лиц, владеющих английским языком … Книги по английскому языку