Автор: Betty Kirkpatrick, Rebecca Mok.
Read and Understand is a series of four workbooks written for secondary or intermediate students who want to improve their reading comprehension skills. The 15 reading texts in each of the two lower-level books deal with social and contemporary issues of interest to teenagers. Each of the two upper-level books contains 20 reading passages covering a range of highly interesting topics written in different text types.
Every unit begins with three or four Pre-Reading Questions to encourage students to think about issues related to the topic. The questions are designed for students lo work in pairs or small groups to develop their ability to make predictions and to understand information by drawing on their own knowledge and experience.
The Vocabulary Study section makes it convenient for students to look up the meanings of words and phrases highlighted in the reading passage.
The town of Spring ford woke to some shocking news yesterday. Police revealed that the body of a young woman had been found in a wooded area just outside the town. The person who made the grim discovery was 46-year-old Jim Bradley, who was walking his dog at the time.
He told our reporter earlier today. 'The dog's very well trained and usually he stays close to me. but on Thursday morning he went off like the clappers into the undergrowth. I could hear him. but I couldn't see him. I wasn't best pleased because I had intended staying on the path and wasn't wearing the right footwear for tramping through the undergrowth. When I eventually reached the dog I couldn't believe my eyes. He was scrabbling away at something buried in the ground and there was a human arm slicking out. I thought I was seeing things. I moved forward 10 lake a closer look and saw I hat the dog was in the process of uncovering a dead body.
1 A Grim Discovery 1
2 A Sales Report 7
3 Problems ai Work 14
4 Health Scares 21
5 Desperate Immigrants 28
6 Miraculous Rescue 35
7 Flood Damage 41
8 Closure of a Local Bookshop 48
9 Bills, Bills, Bills 54
10 Fooiballers Required 61
11 A Surprise Job Move 68
12 Launch of a Lunch Club 76
13 The Young's View of the Old 83
14 No Food in the Flat 90
15 Brainstorming Session 97
16 A Summons from the Managing Director 104
17 New Competition 111
18 CV Deception 119
19 Jim in Trouble 125
20 Controversial Toll Charging 132
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Read and Understand 4 - Betty Kirkpatrick, Rebecca Mok - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - Книгу - Read and Understand 4 - Betty Kirkpatrick, Rebecca Mok - depositfiles.com
Скачать - Книгу - Read and Understand 4 - Betty Kirkpatrick, Rebecca Mok - letitbit.net
Теги: скачать книгу по английскому языку бесплатно :: Read and Understand :: Betty Kirkpatrick :: Rebecca Mok
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Oxford Phrasal Verbs dictionary for learners of English. — 2002. The dictionary contains study pages which give students further guidance on learning and using phrasal verbs, and photocopiable exercises … Книги по английскому языку
- Practical English Usage - 3rd Edition - Michael Swan — Practical English Usage - 3rd Edition. Michael Swan. 2005. The world s most trusted guide to problems in English - … Книги по английскому языку
- Understanding and Using English Grammar - Betty Azar — Understanding and Using English Grammar. Betty Azar. 2002. Understanding and Using English Grammar is a developmental skills text for intermediate … Книги по английскому языку
- The Official Guide to the New TOEFL iBT — 2006. The Official TOEFL Prep Guide is the only authorized guide to the all-new TOEFL scheduled to be introduced in … Книги по английскому языку
- Grammarway 1 - Jenny Dooley, Virginia Evans — Grammarway 1. Jenny Dooley, Virginia Evans. 2004. Grammarway 1 is the first book in a four-level grammar series presented in … Книги по английскому языку
- Hot Topics 3 - Cheryl Pavlik — Hot Topics 3. Cheryl Pavlik. 2008. Hot Topics 3 is different from other reading and discussion texts because it dares … Книги по английскому языку
- Hot Topics 2 - Cheryl Pavlik — Hot Topics 2. Cheryl Pavlik. 2008. Hot Topics 2 is different from other reading and discussion texts because it dares … Книги по английскому языку
- Hot Topics 1 - Cheryl Pavlik — Hot Topics 1. Cheryl Pavlik. 2008. In the 30 years that I have been in English language training (ELT), I … Книги по английскому языку