Think of this book as your friendly guide to building a Web database application. This book is designed as a reference, not as a tutorial, so you don’t have to read this book from cover to cover, unless you want to. You can start reading at any point in the book - in Chapter 1, Chapter 9, wherever. I divide the task of building a Web database application into manageable chunks of information, so check out the table of contents and locate the topic that you’re interested in. If you need to know information from another chapter to understand the chapter you’re reading, I reference that chapter number.
Here’s a sample of the topics that I discuss in this book:
- Building and using a MySQL database
- Adding PHP to HTML files
- Using the features of the PHP language
- Using HTML forms to collect information from users
- Showing information from a database in a Web page
- Storing information in a database